Service Performance Management
Service Performance Management Applications monitor, analyze, and report on the end-end service performance. This can include a real-time, end-to-end view to ensure that each service is functioning correctly as well as a historical view. These applications build on the Resource Performance data and active end-end service performance test data to provide a view of a service. These applications provide a key input to determine the Quality of Service.
Functionality #The main functions of the Service Performance Management Applications are:
- Collection of Resource Performance Data from the Resource Management Applications (or directly in the absence of Resource Performance Management application)
- Collection of Service Performance data through end-to-end tests done internally through the application or external Service Test applications.
- Calculate Service related KPIs, KQIs
- Long-term performance archive
- Short-term performance repository
- Input to Service planning and forecasting applications
- Identification of Service related problems
- Historical trending
- Service triage / testing
- Service Performance “dashboard”